I’ve been a really bad blogger. Forgive me for neglecting my blog.
Chicken is always the easiest to cook among beef, pork and fish, and cooking it feels like a no-brainer. But, of course, you need to put a twist to your chicken recipes so that you won’t get tired of eating the same thing over and over.
Found a recipe online, Easy chicken and dumplings. I think, I will try to cook any recipe I find online if it has the word easy or quick attach to it. Haha
This dish was really easy to make, BUT it wasn’t as good as I expected it to be. Maybe because I just used flour instead Bisquick Heart Smart® mix. The dumplings were gummy and bland. To save it, I showered it with tons of paprika. The soup was really tasty, it was just the dumplings that tasted really blah. My brother actually thought that I was going to make/put Chinese dumpling in the dish.
Sorry to disappoint you brother, it’s just made of flour! Haha
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounces)
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- Paprika, if desired
1. In 3-quart saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the frozen peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling.
2. In small bowl, stir together Bisquick® mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
Again, sorry for not posting anything after that long and emotional post. I promise to be more responsible in updating this blog.
Till my next kitchen adventure! 🙂